Share Away!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mom's don't think, we simply do...

The place where I work, is at the end of a long driveway, and it was a beautiful sunshiny morning! I noticed on the straight stretch, that there was a Mom and her little girl of maybe 6, jogging along. I could observe them for a while and it was fun to see the Mom teasing the little one, playfully. As I got closer, Mom started walking and took the little girl's hand as she quickly glanced back at my large SUV. It is a narrow road, and in a split second she took her daughter's hand and deftly moved her to the other side, placing herself between my car and her daughter. (Not that I was about to mow them down mind you, and I was maybe going two miles per hour!) Just that quick, selfless motion and her little girl's hair in the sun, warmed my heart, entirely. I thought, THAT is what it means to be a Mother... ~Heather

No comments: