Share Away!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cereal sale??!!! WHERE?????????

We are doing the countdown to summer days (2 more) and the endless "I am hungry," and the lesser, but not by much, "I am bored..." We all suffer as Mom's and Dad's, working or not,  with the summer doldrums that get on our nerves, and the seemingly non-stop eating that can accompany. No way do my boys obsess about food this much when they are at school. If they did, they would never learn a damn thing! It's a constant, expensive battle to keep their tanks full, as you know, and one place we can both sorta win is the compromise of... cereal! They will eat the middle of the road healthy stuff also, if I occasionally concede to the bag of Cocoa Puffs or Cap'n Crunch. I don't let them eat that all the time, mind you, but sometimes. I find that cereal should really be sold in the garbage bag, economy size! Stores are hip to this and are seemingly feeling our pain. I have seen several adds for cereal sales coming up this week, and found myself knit-picking. "Really, a $1.78 for a whopping 16 oz. box. Pfffttt... Big deal! My kids could eat a box a piece each, in a sitting!" Then, I got a grip and thought, so what? That is not a lot of money these days, if it keeps them happy and full for a few, and they can have a lot of variety, sign me up, man!!! I will be attending said sale, bring the boys along to pick out their own crap and may even be using more than one cart! One little battle - solved. ~Heather

No comments: