Share Away!

Friday, April 20, 2012

No sleep tonight.

I'm preparing myself for a night of continuous waking up.  As long as we have been together it's been this way. I'm sure I'm not alone.  The husband works a late night event tonight and has to turn around and work an early event in the morning at the same location. The big boss was nice enough to put some of the managers up in a local hotel so they can get some sleep between events. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I get little to no sleep.  Why does this happen? One would think it would be the opposite. No husband in the bed to squish me in the corner, listen to snore, elbow me from time to time or fling his legs over me and refuse to move. It never fails that I will wake up at least every hour. Not for any reason. I don't get up and check the house, I know it's locked up with a 150lb dog on the main level. It's not that he's not in the bed with me because when my allergies are really bad I sleep on the couch one level up, due to my (as the kids would say) snoring that could wake the neighbors and I manage to sleep fine. It's just when he's not in the house. I won't tell him, his head is big enough as it is. I'm sure I'd just hear, "that's right baby, cuz I'm the maaaaaan!!"  We'll just keep this between us.
-Leslie

No comments: