Share Away!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ahhh... The never ending joys of domestic goddessness...

After having a crap day at work, I picked up the little man from his bud's house, and was anticipating a quiet night at home. Surprise. Haha! Good gawd. When did I become the grown up Mom ~ fixer of all things, righter of all wrongs and cleaner upper of all things grody?? We got home a little while ago, and were enthusiastically greeted as usual, by two happy dogs. Wait, we have three dogs, no? I looked around and thought, huh, my teenager must have taken him with him when he went fishing. No, he wouldn't do that... Tully the shepherd is still young, a little wild and tends to wander. Oh shit!!! He got out and is terrorizing the frightened neighbors. Nope, all the doors were closed and locked (he can open doors, don't forget, but rudely never closes them), so I frantically text number one son- WHERE is Tully????? He answers, in the house where I left him. Uhhh... O.k. panic is starting to set in at this point and little man and I commence running around the house, with thoughts of a gruesome discovery going through my head. We had a gorgeous rottweiler that died before our eyes of massive heart attack at just a year old. So sad... At any rate, all areas downstairs have been checked and still nothing! *lightbulb* Ah-ha!!! Fletcher's bedroom door has a tendency to close itself, and that is the one place I haven't looked. Fairly flying up the stairs, with a frightened little man right behind me, we begin to hear him whine. WHEW!!! He got himself stuck in there, and all is well, right? Wrong... Fletcher flings open the door to release the hound, and immediately starts gagging! For the love of Mike!!! Tully went in there to have a big ass "accident" and got stuck. Poor dog. When I say he had to go, he had to GO! Massive piles of dog poop, which fortunately for me, not so much for Fletcher, landed mostly on white t-shirt and other articles of clothing. The one time his room being a pig sty actually comes in handy! Needless to say- young one, pivots on his heel and makes a hasty retreat, hollering all the while- oh it stinks, it soooo stinks! *gag*  MOM!!!! I look right, then left. Nope, no other adults around to pawn this heinous job off on. Damnit. This domestic bliss shit is for the birds, sometimes. Two questions ran through my mind, almost simultaneously. 1) Hey, did I buy lottery tickets this week? and 2) It's beer-thirty somewhere, right? Mess now gone, laundry on the go and a whole can of air freshener dispensed. Screw it, I'm gonna go make some spaghetti. Yes, I washed my hands! Hahaha... XO ~Heather

P.S. The massive amounts of dog poop also clogged up the toilet. Booyah!!! Gotta love it....

No comments: