Share Away!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Drinking is bad for you. Yep! I don't bounce like I used to...

Ok, secret's out. I enjoy a beer or cocktail or ten, every now and again. It's true! I am not a "functioning alcoholic," nor do I condone brutish, drunken behavior. I work, take care of my kiddos, family and home, but there are some evenings, when I think, Dayum!!! Bedtime for the boys, yet?? I don't much like to imbibe in front of them, as my oldest is a purist- hates drinking and smoking- so, I wait for them to go to bed. Luckily, my teenager is an early-to-bed kind of fella. Hahaha... I realize that I am not fooling anyone, and it is not a nightly thing, couple times a week, but I don't need to fly it in his face, either. We, as busy women and men have waaaay too much stress, in my opinion, and if a couple of cocktails lightens the load, so be it! What is the big deal? I don't miss work, the kids make the bus with their lunches and whatnot. True, some days I am not as bright eyed and bushy tailed as I am normally, but life is hard., man.  Especially in this economy! Y'all know what I mean, I'm sure. I am tired of the morals police and Polly/ Peter Perfects (especially those new to parenting- give it a few years, cupcake.) making us feel like shit for having vices. It's ridiculous. We are human beings, not super heroes, ffs. Lighten up and have a drink. If you're honest, you know you could use one! LOL ;)

No comments: