Share Away!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Classroom duty. Ergh....

Hi all! It's Tuesday, and you know what that means... The dread classroom helper duty!!! My little big man is in second grade, and of course, I think he's perfect. Well, mostly. LOL. I do know that his clothes, nose, hair and teeth are clean, however. I love kids, even other people's, don't get me wrong, but I tell you what! I have noticed this year, that either my patience (and/ or grossness tolerance level) has hit the skids, or people are now taking less care of their beloveds. I volunteered for my eldest son- now in high school, and I swear I do not remember the dirty fingernails, and three week old green nail polish. What's that about?  The things I help with are one on one reading and practicing of spelling words. We do this in the classroom where there is a lot of other stuff going on, so we have to "huddle" and get up close and personal. This is first thing in the morning so I know who has and hasn't brushed their teeth, if you get my drift... *grits teeth, tries to smile and not to gag* I know, I know! Mornings are a pain in the ass with the flurry of flying clothes and cheesy breakfast cereal. Stuff being thrown in backpacks, and the "What did you make me for lunch? EWWW!!!! I hate that!" Unfortunately, my kids don't dig hot lunch. I would rather pay, trust me. Also, I have dropped the ball on the timing of everything, and we have missed the occasional tooth brushing, but it is the same kids that I notice week after week. I see their mom's on facebook constantly posting things like, If you love your kids more than anything, you'll repost this... Or, Like if being a mom is the greatest job in the world... blah, blah, blah, and I think, Pffftttt.... Who are you kidding? It's not the kids fault, to be sure! I don't really have a point, other than venting, I guess. Just remember y'all, others can see how much attention we as parents pay to the little things, I know I now think of it! I am not the only Mom who volunteers after all, and I too shall be judged. LOL Shit, maybe better work on getting up a few minutes earlier, and attack the damn sock box for a change. Nah............ Come on summer, but that's a whole other story. *sigh*   ~Heather

No comments: